Founder & Director
Updated Friday June 7, 2019 by Maryland FC.
Founder & Director, Richard Möller
Richard is the most decorated soccer player in the Towson University men's soccer program history graduating in the spring of 1999 winning over 40 awards athletically and academically combined.
Richard ranks as the 4th best athlete of the 20th century.
- Played for 1. FC Kaiserslautern's Youth Teams (was offered a professional contract at the age of 16)
- Won the German National Championship
- Top 5 goal scorer in Germany ages 16-19
- Played for the German Youth National Teams
- First NSCAA DI All-American at Towson University
- First NSCAA DI Scholar All American at Towson University
- First America East Conference Player of the Year at Towson University
- Still holds the America East scoring record today
- First to earn back-to-back America East Scholar of the Year Awards
- First DI student-athlete from Maryland to win the prestigious ECAC Scholar of the Year Award
- Drafted as a second overall pick by the Baltimore Blast
- Drafted as Number 1 overall pick by the Maryland Mania (A-League) associated with DC United
- Retired from professional sports after two years to pursue a career in coaching
- German Youth National Team Staff Coach (U16 & U17) for the last eight years; assisted the Youth National Team winning three Euro Cup's and one World Cup
- Former College Coach for 15 years at Vassar, Dartmouth and Hopkins winning 6 Conference titles and 3 Coach of The Year titles (8 NCAA appearances in 15 years)
- UEFA A-license holder obtained in Germany
- Helped the German Soccer Federation develop the curriculum for Player Development (presently applied across the country)
- Assistant Women's Soccer Coach at FFC Frankfurt (top 3 club in Europe at that time); assisted the club winning the Bundesliga, German Cup and the Champions League (squad consisted of six German World Cup Champions, two Japanese World Cup Champions, two Swedish National Team players and one US National Team player)
Richard Möller, Founder of Fussball Academy, converged all his experiences as a club, college, youth national team and professional soccer player & coach, student and fan of the game into Player Development.
"I was always the smallest and skinniest player while growing up. I did not hit a growth spurt and fill out until I was 18. If this Adult System, which most club teams apply, would have been in place in Germany I would have never played for 1. F.C. Kaiserslautern, the German Youth National Teams, become a DI All-American and be drafted to play professional soccer in the US because bigger and stronger players would have received all the attention!", says Founder Richard Möller.
Please click here for additional information on the club's philosophy and training models.